luni, 16 iulie 2012

The Bordwalk Empire




 Enoch Thompson : First rule of politics, kiddo: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.



Enoch Thompson :
In less than two hours liquor will be declared illegal by decree of the distinguished gentlemen of our Congress. To that beautiful ignorant bastards.






The Fisherman:
And he took the loaf of fishes, he looked at his disciples and said: “fuck it, we´re going into the whisky business”





Enoch Thompson:
A rose by any other name.
Doyle:
What the fuck does that mean?
Enoch Thompson:
Read a fucking book.

                                                                                       











Lucky Luciano: You wanted to see me?
Arnold Rothstein: Yeah, it turns out my sister-in-law's nephew, for a time at least, survived the shooting in the woods.
Lucky Luciano: Well, I'm sorry about your loss. Obviously, if there's anything I can do...
Arnold Rothstein: There is actually. You can kill someone for me to settle a debt. I have it on good authority that a James Darmody of Atlantic City was one of the two shooters.
Lucky Luciano: Who was the other one?
Arnold Rothstein: I don't know. But I'd bet you're persuasive enough to get Darmody to tell you.
Lucky Luciano: That's a good bet.
Arnold Rothstein: The only kind I make.

      


                                        You can't be half a gangster, Nucky. Not anymore.

                                                                    
               

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu